Uber Driver-Partner Sign-Up and Eligibility
- At least 21 years old; and
- Have held an unrestricted (i.e. full) Victorian Drivers' licence for at least 12 months
Note: Have you held an interstate licence in Australia for more than 12 months?
Visit us in-person to find out how you can meet our eligibility requirements
Driver history requirements:
- No licence suspensions or extended demerit point periods’ (formerly called ‘conditional bonds’) in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol infractions in the past 10 years
Police record requirements:
- No offences on your police record (unless a DUI greater than 10 years ago or traffic offence greater than 3 years ago – maximum 1 of either allowed)
Please note: Uber reserves the right to refuse to partner with any person or amend these requirements at any time.
- Must be less than 9 years old (2007 model or newer); and
- Registered in Victoria; and
- Any with 4 or more doors; and
- Must have seats AND seat belts for 4 passengers; and
- No decals, commercial branding or taxi colour paint jobs; and
- No vehicles that were previously licenced as a taxi
Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend these Vehicle Requirements and/or the list of Accepted Vehicles at any time.
Don't have a suitable vehicle at the moment?
The Uber MARKETPLACE is designed to connect new and existing driver-partners with vehicle rental, leasing and finance providers across Australia.
Ready to sign-up?
To sign-up and create a driver-partner profile, click below to get started:
Signing-up for a different Uber product?
If you are interested in signing-up for UberEATS or UberBLACK follow the link below: