Your Guide to NYE 2016
With partygoers out celebrating, New Year’s Eve can get busy.
Check out these tips on how to maximise your night.
Confirm your rider
- There will be a lot of people riding Uber!
- It is your responsibility to ensure you pick up the correct rider.
- Before you start the trip, ask the rider for their name and verify it with the name in the app.
- If you do pick up the wrong person, let us know and we’ll help sort it out.
- For many riders, NYE will be their first Uber experience.
- Ask your rider if they have used Uber before and take the time to answer any questions they may have and provide any tips.
- For example: Promo codes for first-time riders must be entered before a trip is requested, not during or after.
Remain calm and helpful
- It’s no secret that you may come across intoxicated riders on New Year’s Eve.
- Remain calm and focus on the road to ensure that you and your rider arrive at the destination as smoothly as possible.
- If you feel uncomfortable, enlist the help of a sober (or less drunk) rider.
- Remember: each trip is GPS-tracked and rider information is on file, so please get in touch with us through the ‘Help’ option in the Partner app if you need to report any issues.
- Please check your vehicle after every ride.
- If your rider drops the ball and leaves something in your car, contact the rider through the ‘Help’ option in the app.
- Poor ratings can be a result of riders not approving the route taken.
- To avoid this, it is recommended to ask riders whether they have a preferred route or if they are ok for you to follow the GPS.
- Stay up to date with road closures and traffic conditions throughout the night.
Good luck on the road and safe driving!