Drive & Win
Only UberX trips count towards entries for this competition
Only completed trips between 4PM 18/11/2016 and 11:59PM 27/11/2016 are eligible
Must be an active driver at the time of draw to win any prizes
Every completed trip counts as one entry to the draw; trips during peak times count as two entries - with peak times designated as:
Between 6:00am and 9:00am any day from Monday to Sunday;
Between 4:00pm and 7:00pm any day from Monday to Saturday;
Between 12:00am and 6:00am Saturday to Sunday; and
Between 7:00pm and midnight Friday to Saturday
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Uber Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 49 160 299 865) of 64 Gwynne Street, Cremorne, VIC 3121 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to residents of Victoria aged 18 years or over who: (a) are registered as an uberX driver partner in VIC as at the time of entry; and (b) receive an email directly form the Promoter regarding this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences at 12:00am on 18/11/2016 and ends at 11:59pm on 27/11/2016 (“Promotional Period”). All times indicated are in AEDST, as per local VIC time.
6. To receive an automatic entry, eligible individuals must accept and complete an uberX trip/fare during the Promotional Period (“Eligible Fare”). For the sake of clarity, uberBlack and uberEats trips/fares will not be eligible. Eligible individuals will receive one (1) entry for each Eligible Fare completed during the Promotional Period.
7. If the Eligible Fare was completed during one (1) of the following time periods within the Promotional Period, individuals will also receive one (1) additional entry in respect to that Eligible Fare (for a total of two (2) entries in respect to that Eligible Fare):
- between 12:00am and 6:00am any day from Saturday to Sunday;
- between 6:00am and 9:00am any day from Monday to Sunday;
- between 4:00pm and 7:00pm any day from Monday to Saturday; or
- between 7:00pm Friday and midnight any day from Friday to Saturday;
8. Should an individual not wish to receive an automatic entry into the promotion, they should contact the Promoter at http://t.uber.com/melbdandw20161118.
9. Incomplete and unpaid Uber trips/fares will not be eligible for entry.
10. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) a maximum of two (2) entries permitted per Eligible Trip, in accordance with clauses 6 and 7; and (b) each entry must be completed in accordance with entry requirements.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. The draw will take place at Uber, 64 Gwynne Street, Cremorne, VIC 3121 at 12:00pm on 29/11/2016. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. Winners will be notified by telephone and email, and their names will be published online at http://melbourne.ubermovement.com/melb-dandw-winners from 30/11/2016.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The first valid entry drawn will win $2,000, awarded via an electronic funds transfer into an account in the winner’s name.
17. The next three (3) valid entries drawn will each win $500, awarded via an electronic funds transfer into an account in the winner’s name.
18. The next six (6) valid entries drawn will each win $250, awarded via an electronic funds transfer into an account in the winner’s name.
19. Total prize pool value is $5,000.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in VIC (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of a prize.
And the winners are...
$2,000 - Ibrahim M
$500 - Jacob M, Dulantha K, Bhavikkumar P
$250 - Abraham K, Gagandeep S, Alireza F, Phillip M, Sanjay K, Gurinder S